Wednesday 30 October 2013

Burnley goalkeeper Alex Cisak sues over wrist operation

Burnley goalkeeper Alex Cisak sues over wrist operation

Alex CisakAlex Cisak said he has been saving goals using only his left arm
A professional goalkeeper is suing his surgeon claiming he has been left in pain when saving balls following a wrist operation.
Alex Cisak, 24, who now plays for Burnley, was injured five years ago while on Leicester City's youth team.
He told the High Court surgeon Bhaskar Bhowal allowed him to go back to training before his fracture had fully healed, leading to ongoing problems.
Mr Bhowal denies liability for loss of earnings and stunted career claims.
The court heard Mr Cisak can now only save a handful of shots in training before pain sets in.
'Rave reviews'
He said he had to drop down to the lower leagues due to his wrist problems before returning to the Championship with Burnley as second choice goalkeeper this year.
"I'm taking painkillers. I'm training at 75% of what I should be at. It has affected me," he added.
"It has also affected me mentally, because I am pulling out of shots. It is harming my development because I can't fully train.
"I think that's had an effect on my career."
The Leicester Hospital surgeon's barrister, John Whitting QC, said Mr Cisak was described in a match report as "agile", "smart" or "neat".
He added: "It sounds from that report as if your career is going rather well.
"It is difficult to see how a goalkeeper playing at an extremely high level can get rave reviews if he could only use one arm."
Mr Cisak is claiming damages for his injuries and losses, including those related to lost wages because of delayed career progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment